Nutritional Cleansing – not just a weight loss story!
People have asked me “Why do you nutritional cleanse – you don’t need to lose weight?”
I understand their perspective – there is a belief out there that Nutritional Cleansing is all about weight loss, and, if you choose a weight loss program it is true that there are certainly weight loss benefits to be made. What they don’t understand are the many other amazing benefits from choosing a sustainable clean eating lifestyle to manage your health, sleep patterns, body composition, energy levels and general wellbeing.
For me, as a cancer survivor, clean eating is not just a lifestyle choice it is one of the key ways to decrease the likelihood of my cancer returning. Organic clean food, elimination of toxins, reducing intake of sugars linked to insulin and hormone imbalances, lean muscle mass to support a skeletal system weakened by chemotherapy and long term oestrogen inhibitors– these are all important to me in my journey to lifelong wellness! And yes, I did need to drop a few kilos! Just those few that had snuck up on me in the past 12 months
So today, I celebrate the following non scale wins:
• My skinny jeans fit again – all of them!
• I have not taken a sleeping tablet in 6 weeks – 8 hours of natural, restorative sleep per night. As an insomniac this is pretty major!!!
• I am smashing it in the gym! After a frustrating plateau in my training outcomes I am feeling stronger than ever before.
• My Muscle Mass has increased by 3% – for a post-menopausal women this is really something.
• My visceral fat (fat around the organs) has reduced from a healthy 4% to a really fantastic 2% – no heart attack in my future!
• I feel fantastic!
Want to know more?
- Places are strictly limited, contact me now to register!
Join the Only Fitness, Health & Wellness Challenge that Guarantees a Maximum of 4 People per Session!
Try the Personalised Approach for Truly Lasting Change!
How many times have you kicked off an exercise regime or healthy eating plan only to give up because it got too hard, you lost motivation, ran out of healthy food options or that little voice in your head said “I can’t do this”?
Join me at Restore Fitness & Wellbeing for our 10 Week Challenge
Kicking off on Feb 1 with Pre-exercise Screening, Goal Setting and a 3 day detox to get you set for 2 months of Clean Eating, Small Group Training and Daily Support & Motivation to keep you on track!
Join my 10 Week Challenge! – ONLY $350.00
- Body Composition Analysis & Goal Setting
- 3 day Kick Start Detox
- 2 x HIIT session p/w*
- 1 x Pilates session p/w*
- Take Home Healthy Living Plan
- Meal Plans
* Max 4 people per session
Register now, places are strictly limited! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to book you pre-exercise screening and get your Detox Information.
Since my website launch I have had loads of questions about HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training. (HIIT) is one of the top fitness trends for 2014; it seems everyone is talking about it! So what is all the hype really about? What is it with HIIT?
HIIT is a training technique which involves alternating between very intense bouts of exercise (in which you give maximum effort) and low intensity exercise or “active recovery” periods. This type of training gets your heart rate up and burns more fat in less time!
Super-efficient HIIT is the ideal workout for a busy schedule whether you want to squeeze in a workout before heading to the office or you are looking to get in shape for a special event. Research shows you can achieve more in a 20 minute interval training session (completed 3 times a week) than you will achieve by spending hours on a treadmill. Physiologists have yet to fully understand why this is, but one reason may be the so-called “afterburn” effect. Known as EPOC (Excess-Post Exercise Oxygen Consumption), HIIT increases your metabolism and burns more calories for up to 24 hours after training.
This means you’ll still be burning fat even after you’ve left your training session!
HIIT may also have other benefits including:
- Feel younger both inside and out! HIIT stimulates production of your human growth hormone (HGH) for up to 24 hours after a session. This is great news since HGH is not only responsible for increased caloric burn but also slows down the aging process, making you look and feel younger!
- Get Fitter Faster! The amount of oxygen your body can use (oxygen uptake) is increased during HIIT sessions so your overall aerobic capacity can increase faster than with low intensity endurance exercise. This means you can get fitter faster!
- Quick and Convenient! Long gone are the days of not having enough time for exercise, most HIIT workouts can be done in 30 minutes or less! Who can’t spare that?
- Achieve a strong healthy body! Anyone who has been on a diet or undertaken long steady state cardio sessions knows that it’s hard to burn fat without losing muscle mass making it challenging to achieve a strong healthy body. Studies show that by combining HIIT workouts and strength training we can preserve muscle mass whilst we burn fat!
Are you ready for a challenge? For more information on The Restore Fitness & Wellbeing 30 minute HIIT sessions contact us now or lookout for our spring promotion!
Hi – Welcome to the Restore Fitness & Wellbeing blog! This blog is dedicated to sharing new research and ideas as well as discussing the philosophies of Women’s Fitness, Nutrition and Wellness. I believe the human body is designed to move and that Wellness is a life long journey based on an understanding and respect for your own body. My vision is to help women improve their health, fitness, functional movement, self-confidence and general wellbeing. Together we will explore the latest thinking in training philosophies, nutrition, scientific research, and the many and sometimes confusing new trends that emerge in the industry. I will include motivational and fun images, quotes, and stories plus some of my favourite recipes to ensure you don’t get bored!
Yours in Wellness