Nutritional Cleansing – not just a weight loss story!
People have asked me “Why do you nutritional cleanse – you don’t need to lose weight?”
I understand their perspective – there is a belief out there that Nutritional Cleansing is all about weight loss, and, if you choose a weight loss program it is true that there are certainly weight loss benefits to be made. What they don’t understand are the many other amazing benefits from choosing a sustainable clean eating lifestyle to manage your health, sleep patterns, body composition, energy levels and general wellbeing.
For me, as a cancer survivor, clean eating is not just a lifestyle choice it is one of the key ways to decrease the likelihood of my cancer returning. Organic clean food, elimination of toxins, reducing intake of sugars linked to insulin and hormone imbalances, lean muscle mass to support a skeletal system weakened by chemotherapy and long term oestrogen inhibitors– these are all important to me in my journey to lifelong wellness! And yes, I did need to drop a few kilos! Just those few that had snuck up on me in the past 12 months
So today, I celebrate the following non scale wins:
• My skinny jeans fit again – all of them!
• I have not taken a sleeping tablet in 6 weeks – 8 hours of natural, restorative sleep per night. As an insomniac this is pretty major!!!
• I am smashing it in the gym! After a frustrating plateau in my training outcomes I am feeling stronger than ever before.
• My Muscle Mass has increased by 3% – for a post-menopausal women this is really something.
• My visceral fat (fat around the organs) has reduced from a healthy 4% to a really fantastic 2% – no heart attack in my future!
• I feel fantastic!
Want to know more?