Does the suggestion of healthy pizza sound like a nonsense to you?
Check out this recipe for a healthy alternative to take away pizza and treat the family to a fun and nutritious meal. As always, I would encourage you to use organic vegetables however if you find it hard to source your favourite vegetables organically choose fresh & local. Wash your vegetables in water and white vinegar to help strip off pesticides.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza*
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into chunks
2 free range eggs
1 tsp gluten free yeast
1 tablespoon organic oregano leaves
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
400g can of organic whole peeled tomatoes
1 tablespoon oregano leaves
Freshly minced garlic
Freshly ground pepper & sea salt to taste
Free range, organic minced chicken
Thinly sliced zucchini
Organic Basil leaves
12 organic cherry tomatoes, sliced
Cashew Cheese or Organic Goats Cheese
Preparation & Cooking:
• Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade
• Wrap a pizza stone with aluminium foil and rub it with coconut oil and place it in the oven to preheat for 15 minutes (use a large baking tray with baking paper if you don’t have a pizza stone, this will not require preheating)
• Fill a saucepan 1/3 of the way with water, fit with a steamer basket, and place on the stove
• In a blender or food processor, pulse the cauliflower & oregano leaves until it is the texture of snow
• When the water is boiling, steam the cauliflower for 5 minutes
• Remove the cauliflower, drain, and squeeze dry. The drier you make it, the crispier the crust
• Mix the cauliflower with the eggs, yeast, coconut oil, salt & pepper.
• Pat it out into a circle on the pizza stone or baking tray
• Bake for 35-45 minutes, until crisp on the edges
• Remove from the oven and set aside to cool
• Reduce the oven to 160 degrees centigrade
• Combine pizza sauce ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth
• Top pizza base with sauce, sprinkle on minced chicken, sliced zucchini & tomatoes and dollop on the cashew cheese
• Place the pizza back into the oven and bake for 10 more minutes or until golden and crisp
• Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing, garnish with basil leaves and serve with love! Xx
* Pizza Base Adapted from Jodi Nadler
- Places are strictly limited, contact me now to register!
Join the Only Fitness, Health & Wellness Challenge that Guarantees a Maximum of 4 People per Session!
Try the Personalised Approach for Truly Lasting Change!
How many times have you kicked off an exercise regime or healthy eating plan only to give up because it got too hard, you lost motivation, ran out of healthy food options or that little voice in your head said “I can’t do this”?
Join me at Restore Fitness & Wellbeing for our 10 Week Challenge
Kicking off on Feb 1 with Pre-exercise Screening, Goal Setting and a 3 day detox to get you set for 2 months of Clean Eating, Small Group Training and Daily Support & Motivation to keep you on track!
Join my 10 Week Challenge! – ONLY $350.00
- Body Composition Analysis & Goal Setting
- 3 day Kick Start Detox
- 2 x HIIT session p/w*
- 1 x Pilates session p/w*
- Take Home Healthy Living Plan
- Meal Plans
* Max 4 people per session
Register now, places are strictly limited! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to book you pre-exercise screening and get your Detox Information.
Craving Chocolate? What is your body really trying to tell you?
I always tell my clients to listen to their bodies, so what if your body is telling you it wants a big block of chocolate or some fried chicken? Does that mean you should go out and satisfy the craving with unhealthy food choices? What is your body trying to tell you through your cravings?
We have all experienced cravings, we should however be careful about the way in which we satisfy them. By understanding what your body is actually deficient in (assuming it is a physical, not an emotional food craving) you can get to the root cause of the cravings, and eventually kick those bad eating habits altogether.
BUT – before you satisfy cravings with food take the time to drink a tall glass of pure water. Quite often we misinterpret our body’s signal for thirst as a signal of hunger. By drinking a large glass of water first, you may be giving your body exactly what it wants and alleviate the craving altogether. Some experts estimate that up to 80 percent of the population is chronically dehydrated, so start with water first before you try to understand your cravings.
Still craving a particular type of junk food? If ten minutes after drinking your glass of water your cravings are unsatisfied the table below provides some suggestions about what your body may really telling you. What nutrients your body may need and what good food choices you can make to banish those cravings and stay lean and healthy!
What Your Body Needs
What to Eat Instead
||Nuts, Seeds, Legumes, Fruit
Sugary Foods/ Sweets
Broccoli, Grapes, Chicken
Chicken, Beef, Fish, Eggs, Nuts, Legumes
Cranberries, Horseradish, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Cabbage
Lamb, Liver, Raisins, Sweet Potato, Spinach
Bread, Pasta & Other Carbs
||High Protein Foods: Meat, Fish, Nuts
||Legumes, Green Leafy Vegetables, Broccoli
|Nuts & Seeds
Lamb, Liver, Raisins, Sweet Potato, Spinach
Orange, Green or Red Fruits & Vegetables